First…it is the Final Countdown…
And Now…The Week Four Prompts
Remember: you must use at least one of these prompts.
- The misfortune is resolved/accepted.
- Relationships mend/ are torn asunder.
- The final event becomes another secret for generations to come.
- There is a new arrival in town.
Don’t forget: At the TOP of your post, please include the following:
- Links to all three previous stories
- The prompt(s) you are using for this last section
- Word Count
What Comes Next:
- In November, Damyanti, Lisa, JC and I will be going over the stories, choosing our favorites, sending them back and forth, and choosing our shortlist entries. We have a number of prizes, but they are limited. We have a LOT of great stories, and this is going to be tough. Really, really tough.
- (Now is the time for Bribing the Judges!! 😉 )
- The poll of the shortlisted entries will go up on the 2nd of November (Wednesday). On this date, we request all participants to sign up on this new linky list for a Postmortem/analysis/reflective feedback post.
- You will then be able to also vote on your favorite of the shortlisted stories.
- The voting will close on Wednesday, 9th of November.
Winners will be declared on Friday, November 11th.
- We also have a few other surprises to announce…well, one really big one, which we’ve kept under wraps, and another that has been hinted at. So… stay tuned and look for an email or two before it’s announced on our four blogs.
- (Hope that has gotten our writers excited. I SO want to tell you, but I’d have to kill ME if I did that).
CONTEST: What did Mississippi Lil give to Gid at the end of Chapter Three of my story (click here)?
Hi Folks: I’m actually very serious here. You can thank Golden Eagle for this idea: she innocently stated, in the comments section of This Weeks Posting, that she was wondering what was the ” something cold and hard” Mississippi Lil gave Gid, to “use it well”.
So…what was it?
Be inventive, staying within the confines of what I’ve been setting up here, be descriptive. in something “normal” in what you think she passed to him. Or be descriptive inventive. Just be specific. I don’t need a storyline, just that “thing.”
Post those thoughts in the comments section by 5:00 pm (EST), Sunday October 23rd.
On Sunday night, I will post a poll for you to vote on. The poll will only be open for 24 hours (from when I post the poll-time tbd): it will close on Monday evening October 24th. The item that gets the most votes will be it. It could change the story, and that would be fun for me to work around. Yes, I have NOT written Part Four yet. Haven’t even started word one on it. I’ll start the story after the poll closes.
What will you get? Mentions here, links to your website, fame and glory, and I’ll do one of my Writers Interviews with you, that I post on BornStoryteller (my other blog). How is that? Best as I can do. Hope you’ll join in.