So, once again the fickle finger of fate favors flash fiction here on Tale Spinning. I want to thank Dear Kitty. Some Blog for thinking what I do here is special enough to be granted this nomination. This is the second time (see Tale Spinning April 15, 2018) I have been nominated for the Liebster in the past few months. I had received this nomination a couple of other times over the years, and it doesn’t get old. Harder to come up with questions and people to nominate, but…c’est la prix.
The rules of the Liebster Award, as per Dear Kitty and the person who nominated her are:
1. Acknowledge the blog which nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers.
4. Ask them 11 questions.
5. Let them know you have nominated them.
Slightly different than the rules I received for my April 15th posting, but carry on I shall.
#1: thanks again, Dear Kitty.
#2 Her Questions; My answers:
1. What was your first job? Working in a Chinese Restaurant, filling up the Smorgasbord Table, doing To Go orders. Yes, many customers asked me if I was Chinese.
2. What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten? Don’t become an Elf.
3. Favourite season and why? Vindaloo, cause I like it spicy. Oh, season, not seasoning. L’automne.
4. Favourite TV show? Right now, iZombie. Way too many others. I’m a TV junkie.
5. When did you first travel alone and where did you go? Shortly after my divorce; San Fransisco.
6. Why did you start a blog? Bordom, and the need for a challenge.
7. What did you want to be when you were a kid? Not lonely, and at the same time being left alone. Complicated even as a kid.
8. Would you rather travel into the future or the past? Neither. Alternate Universe.
9. Do you have any siblings? Nope. I’m an only, for good or bad (see #7)
10. Can you cook well? Yes. Medium and Medium Rare too. Not a big fan of Rare, or Raw.
11. What is the next thing you plan to learn? Whatever comes my way that I know little or next to little about.
As to #3, nominating 11 other bloggers: nah. Last time I did, only two out of seven followed through. If you, dear reader, want to take this on, please be my guest. Yeah, it’s cheating/lazy, but I have been writing my tuchas off the past few weeks and I be bushed.
Being even lazier, I’m reposting the questions (#4) I came up with on my previous Liebster post. I thought they were pretty good; hopefully, we’ll get more than two answers this time around:
Please be aware that “…and Why?” is invisibly attached at the end of the majority of the questions. Lazy, remember?
- If you could write in any writers voice besides your own, whose would it be?
- What literary genre holds NO interest for you?
- What song with a strong narrative still touches you?
- What fictional character do you wish you were?
- Savory or Sweet?
- What does “The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of” mean to you?”
- You stumble upon a magic rock. Picking it up, you discover something underneath. What is it?
- Have you had an inexplicable experience? What was it?
- What fiction book would you recommend to me?
- What movie or TV show do you love but hate to admit it?
- What does writing mean to you?
If you pick up this challenge from me, please just let me know, alongside the accolades you wish to bestow upon me. Money is good too. BTW: this takes care of #5.
I’d love to read your answers. OH, and please don’t cop out with the “I would never” or “I’m fine with” answers. Instead of saying “No” to the question(s), try a big resounding “Yes” and stretch that creative muscle!
P.S. Please copy, paste, and follow the rules on your own blog. Doesn’t really work if you answer the questions in my comment section. Kind of defeats the purpose. Deal?
PPS: I really want either a Katz’s Pastrami sandwich right now, or a real Chocolate Egg Cream. They don’t go together; it’s one or the other. Or bed. Bed sounds good too.